Required: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance
The DevOps Engineer will work across multiple teams to develop and enhance the automated deployment and maintenance of systems. The candidate will provide technical guidance in DevOps techniques, create best practices, and support the automation of system deployments and maintenance. Development is iterative using scrum techniques and the Agile development process.
The position will include a variety of activities, including:
- Develop scripts and custom code for automated deployment & maintenance of AWS cloud based systems
- Automated pipeline builds and deployments using Jenkins
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
- Patch and maintain servers and cloud resources
- Configuration of middleware products, such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL
- Configuration of audit logs and data retention
- Collaboration with systems engineers and architects for the design of new systems
- Implementation of Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for software development
- Creation of technical documentation and briefing materials for PM-directed program status reviews, control gates, etc.
- Facilitate demonstrations of features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- On-the-job experience with configuring and maintaining AWS resources, including CloudFormation, EC2, Security Groups, S3, RDS MySQL
- On-the-job experience writing custom puppet modules
- On-the-job experience creating Jenkins pipeline builds
- On-the-job experience writing bash scripts
- At least 15 years of experience administrating linux based systems
- On-the-job-experience participating in Agile software development teams using scrum techniques
- Object Oriented Programming background using Java or Ruby
- Experience supporting Java based software development projects
- Experience supporting Java build processes including ANT/Maven/Groovy/Gradle
- On-the-job experience installing/configuring/maintaining a Kubernetes cluster
- On-the-job experience installing/configuring/maintaining a Splunk cluster
- On-the-job experience with sponsor’s policies, security practices, regulations, and standards
- Experience with writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy.
- AWS (Architect, DevOps)
Restless Software is an equal opportunity employer that provides highly skilled technologists and creative solutions to clients in both the private and public sectors.